Construction of new, nursing and residential, services at the former Mynydd Mawr hospital is well underway. Work began in April of this year, and when completed, next May, will add another 49 beds on to the Cwm Gwendraeth site.
There will be 6 buildings on site:
- Building 1, Taf, this will consist of a hydrotherapy pool, training room, bar and lounge area for events, offices and a gymnasium.
- Building 2, Sawdde, this is an 8 bedroom single storey building.
- Building 3, Cothi, this is a 16 bedroom single storey building.
- Building 4, Amman, this is an 8 bedroom single storey building.
- Building 5, Twrch, this is an 8 bedroom single storey building.
- Building 6, Cennen, this is a 9 bedroom two storey building which is the old office block of the previous Mynydd Mawr Hospital.
All buildings will have an independent kitchen, laundry, office facility and a range of meeting rooms, quiet rooms, lounge and dining rooms. Every building has a bathroom and bedroom for bariatric users. All have an independent garden in addition to a communal garden in the centre of the site. There will be a one way road around the perimeter of the site for ease of drop off for visitors, deliveries, refuse collection, etc. The main car park will be where the blue rectangles are on the right hand side of the image.