Heathfield Lodge Residential Care Home,
Heathfield, SA1 6HD
Heathfield Lodge Residential Care Home, established in 2010 and extended in 2012, is a 16 single en-suite bed care home situated in Central Swansea with views over the Mumbles Head and Swansea Bay.
Our Registration Category allows us to care for:
- Persons aged 18 years and above with an acquired brain injury requiring personal care
- Persons aged 18 and above with dementia / mental infirmity requiring personal care
- Persons aged 18 and above with a learning disability who have a primary diagnosis of acquired brain injury and / or dementia / mental infirmity requiring personal care
- Persons aged 18 years and above with a mental illness (functional) who have a primary diagnosis of acquired brain injury and / or dementia / mental infirmity requiring personal care
Heathfield Lodge provides 16 single en-suite bedrooms that are fully furnished, as stated in each individual Service User’s contract. Service Users are encouraged to bring their own items of personal belongings for their rooms, subject to the items complying with fire and safety regulations. There are spacious living, recreational and dining areas for relaxing, activities and entertainment. We also provide additional quiet living space, and outdoor areas, and are in the process of developing our sensory gardens which will include raised flower beds, a vegetable plot and ample seating areas.
The Service is managed by Yasmin Wheelwright, who is registered with the Care Council Wales. Our staffing team consists predominantly of experienced QCF 2 & 3 qualified Care Staff, additionally, we employ full time qualified Occupational Therapists and activities staff and a Consultant Psychologist who inputs into the care of all our Service Users on a sessional basis.
The home has an excellent working relationship with visiting professionals, including the local Consultant Psychiatrist and the MDT members, dentist, optician, chiropodist, tissue viability nurses, palliative care teams, speech therapist, dietitians and other professionals.
In delivering the service, we also have the benefit of:
- Driver / Carer
- Qualified chefs and supporting kitchen staff
- Domestic staff
- Maintenance staff
- Human Resources staff