Tan-Yr-Allt Lodge Nursing Home
Tan-Yr-Allt Lodge Nursing Home
14 Alltwen Hill
We provide nursing care for 26 adults over the age of 18 with:
- Acquired Brain Injury and requiring nursing care.
- Dementia/Mental Infirmity and requiring nursing care.
- Learning Disability with a primary diagnosis of Acquired Brain Injury/ Dementia/Mental Infirmity requiring nursing care.
- Mental illness (functional) with a primary diagnosis of Acquired Brain Injury/ Dementia/Mental Infirmity requiring nursing care.
- Neurological illness requiring nursing care.
Specialist Services and Facilities
- Care Assistant Advanced Practitioners trained in Manual Handling, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Positive Behavioural Management (PBM) and Fundamentals of Care. These staff are employed by Fieldbay and work weekly with individuals at Tan Yr All Lodge.
- Physiotherapy – The Physiotherapists and Physiotherapy Advanced Practitioners employed by Fieldbay visit Tan Yr Allt Lodge weekly, assessing the physical abilities of those in our care and providing programmes and regimes for those who need to improve or maintain their physical abilities. They will work closely with the staff team to provide training for mobility and exercises either in lounges, bedrooms or the therapies room.
- Occupational Therapy – Our Qualified OT’s and OT Advanced Practitioners employed by Fieldbay, are based on the site and visit weekly to carry out assessments on the Activities of Daily Living to help those in our care remain as independent as possible. They work closely with the Manager and support staff to provide opportunities for activities and outings. Those living with us will have a goal orientated programme which is fully explained to those who are able to understand its purpose. The OTs work closely with the rest of the therapy team and liaise with external providers for those who require additional specialist equipment like wheelchair services and orthotics. The OT service is tailored for our service users and can be delivered in groups, individually, at Tan Yr Allt Lodge, or out in the Community utilising our minibuses.
- Speech and Language Therapist (SALT) staff employed by Fieldbay input into Tan Yr Allt Lodge weekly, to enable us to assess and advise of swallowing difficulties, lead on communication strategies and to access other services if necessary.
- Qualified Positive Behaviour Support and Management team members employed by Fieldbay, work with staff and service users at Tan Yr Allt Lodge as needed, to monitor patterns of behavior. The team provide ‘on the job’ training with the support workers and individuals who need ‘Traffic Light Plans’ that detail a plan of managing their associated behaviours.
- Tan Yr Allt Lodge has access to a full time Qualified Manual Handling Trainer employed by Fieldbay.
- Tan Yr Allt Lodge support workers are encouraged to train to their optimal functioning level and these range from QCF 2 to QCF 5 and many undertake supervisory roles within the company.
- Tan Yr Allt Lodge has access to a part time Consultant Psychiatrist, employed by Fieldbay, who will either undertake ‘shared care’ with an individual’s Psychiatrist or will undertake sole care if a person has no psychiatric input.