Care Assistant, Cwmgelli Lodge
Full Time, Part Time
Cwmgelli Lodge - Blackwood
Full and Part Time Hours Available
£9.50-9.70 per hour, dependant on experience and qualifications
Permanent - Full Time, Part Time and Relief Contracts Available
The Fieldbay Group are excited to advertise new Care Assistant vacancies with immediate start dates.
Fieldbay provide high quality services for people aged 18 years + who have complex needs associated with mental illness, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour, dementia and long term conditions such as Huntington’s disease.
This is an exciting time to join our fantastic team due to on-going expansion, so if you have the desire to succeed and you are patient, kind and compassionate – what are you waiting for!
The care assistant role will provide you with opportunities every day to help improve people’s standards of living. You will work on the frontline of care delivery, helping individuals to overcome the everyday difficulties they face. You will look after a variety of Service Users with challenging mental health needs including disabled, long-term ill and individuals with learning difficulties, so the role will be extremely varied and every day will be different.
The duties of the care assistant role are wide ranging and the job role will revolve around helping Service Users with their immediate needs such as washing, dressing and maintaining their hygiene. The care assistant role also includes getting to know the Service Users personally and providing them with emotional support and company, which contributes positively to their wellbeing.
The duties of the care assistant role will also extend to helping the Service Users to take part in leisure activities, such as going on day trips and the Care Assistant duties will therefore vary substantially from client to client so that no two days are the same.
An ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds is very important. This is because you will spend a considerable amount of time working with a variety of clients from all walks of life, some of whom will have little other contact, so it is important that you are able to form good working relationships. The nature of the care assistant job role also means that patience and a sense of humour are important.
- Candidates must be reliable and professional and be able to demonstrate patience, kindness, compassion and have a true desire to learn and develop.
- Previous Care experience is desirable but we are equally keen to chat with candidates who have a desire to make a positive difference to the lives of the people we support.
- NVQ Level 2/3 is advantageous, however full training will be provided to ensure all successful candidates are qualified to a minimum of level 2
Benefits of working for Fieldbay
- A competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- 5.6 weeks annual leave, pro rata
- Enhanced Bank Holiday Pay Rates
- Free uniform on joining and 6 monthly thereafter
- A warm, caring and friendly working environment
- Comprehensive Induction Programme and genuine prospects for progression and promotion
If you would like to save your form and come back to it, or save your details for future job applications please login or register first.