Speech and Language Therapist
Residential Care Services
Covering all sites
Permanent - Full Time, 37.5 hours P/W
Fieldbay provide high quality services for people aged 18 years + who have complex needs associated with mental illness, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour, dementia and long term conditions such as Huntington’s disease.
Fieldbay is a dynamic and growing organisation that operates a number of Residential / Nursing Homes in South Wales, our current homes being:
- Pen-y-Bont Court Nursing Home, Bryn Derwen & North Lodge Supported Living, Bridgend
- Ty Newydd Nursing Home, Maesteg
- Heathfield Lodge Care Home, & Heathfield Apartments Supported Living, Swansea,
- Cwm Gwendraeth and Ty Cwm Gwendraeth Nursing Home, Tumble, Carmarthenshire.
- Tan yr Allt House Nursing Home, Tan-Yr-Allt Lodge Nursing Home, & Mill Row Residential Home, Pontardawe.
- Yr Ysgol Nursing Home, Ystradgynlais
The company is expanding year on year to offer services to people throughout South Wales, from Carmarthen to Cardiff and beyond – we’re at an exciting stage of our journey.
- The role requires you to be able to treat and manage our service users with swallowing, language and communication needs.
- To assess, develop and implement speech and language therapy programmes.
- To participate in multi-disciplinary assessments, planning and intervention management to meet the person’s identified goals.
- To provide training for others within the service.
- Clear communication with the service user, carers and family about their treatment
• A recognised speech and language therapy degree or equivalent • Recognised member of The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.• Enhanced CRB disclosure.• Registered with Health Care Professionals Council.• Knowledge of Dysphagia (Normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology) and acquired neurological communication disorders. • Experience of working with a range of acquired disorders including dysphagia, aphasia, degenerative and neurological conditions at undergraduate/post graduate level. • Competent IT skills.• Effective communication skills.
Benefits of working for Fieldbay
- A competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- 5.6 weeks annual leave, pro rata
- Enhanced Bank Holiday Pay Rates
- Free uniform on joining and 6 monthly thereafter
- A warm, caring and friendly working environment
If you would like to save your form and come back to it, or save your details for future job applications please login or register first.