Support Worker – Garth Mountain (Maesteg)
Residential Care Services
Full Time, Part Time
Garth Mountain (Maesteg)
£8.91 to £9.31 per hour, dependant on experience and qualifications
Full and part-time vacancies available
The Fieldbay Group are excited to advertise new Support Worker vacancies at our new supported living service “Garth Mountain” in Maesteg.
Garth Mountain provides 24 hour support to Service Users aged 18 years+ who have a primary diagnosis of acquired brain injury and/or dementia/mental infirmity, learning disability and functional mental illness.
The environment is conducive to family type living, where individuals will be encouraged to spend time together, whilst also appreciating each person’s need for personal space and privacy.
As a Support Worker, you will provide support and care for our Service Users, assisting with everything from getting up, washed and dressed to accompanying them on trips out to various points of interest.
- Candidates must be reliable and professional and be able to demonstrate patience, kindness, compassion and have a true desire to learn and develop.
- Previous DomCare/ Care experience is desirable but we are equally keen to chat with candidates who have a desire to make a positive difference to the lives of the people we support.
- NVQ Level 2/3 is advantageous, however full training will be provided to ensure all successful candidates are qualified to a minimum of level 2
- A full driving license is preferred for assisting Service Users with trips out, appointments and activities.
Benefits of working for Fieldbay
- A competitive salary
- Social Care Wales Registration Fees Paid
- Company Pension Scheme
- 5.6 weeks annual leave, pro rata
- Enhanced Bank Holiday Pay Rates
- Free uniform on joining and 6 monthly thereafter
- A warm, caring and friendly working environment
- Comprehensive Induction Programme and genuine prospects for progression and promotion
- This is an exciting time to join our fantastic team, so if you have the desire to succeed and you are patient, kind and compassionate – what are you waiting for!
If you would like to save your form and come back to it, or save your details for future job applications please login or register first.